Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is one of my favorite cookie/bar recipes. It is so easy to make and the taste is wonderful!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 2⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 10 ounces peanut butter chips
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- Mix first 3 ingredients together with mixer until crumbs form and press into a greased 9X13 pan. Bake 10-12 minutes at 350.
- Remove and sprinkle marshmallows over top. Return to oven for a few minutes until marshmallows begin to puff. Cool completely.
- Heat next 4 ingredients in saucepan until smooth. Add rice krispies and peanuts and mix well. Pour over marshmallows and chill before cutting into small squares.
This was very good. Made exactly as stated. Flavors went well together.
As much as I like marshmallow cream, I usually shy away from the mini-mallows, though I did use them in this recipe & they worked out very nicely! Loved the saltiness of the peanuts in these & will make them again, for sure! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]