4 hrs 10 mins
Montana Heart Song's Note:
A friend brought over a 50# bag of large sunflower seeds. I decided to try to salt and dry some,give out to friends and kids.If you have an opportunity to purchase Sigco Sun Products brand,South Dakota. They are twice as large as the ones you purchase in the store.This is so easy!
My Private Note
cups se ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put sunflower seeds in colandar and wash with warm running water.
- 2Shake dry in colandar.
- 3Place in tall stockpot.
- 4Add sunflower seeds.
- 5Add 8 cups water and canning salt.
- 7Set in a cool room or cold porch.
- 8The seeds will swell some.
- 9Let set for 48 hours, the longer you set, the longer the brine has a chance to work.
- 10I turned with a stainless steel spoon 4 times during this process.
- 11Drain the seeds, save the brine, if you want to make another batch.
- 12Pour the seeds into a terry cloth towel and wrap and press with your hand.
- 13Spread out on baking trays.
- 14Place in a cold oven.
- 15Heat oven to 250*.
- 16Turn every hour with a spatula.
- 17Dry from 3 to 4 hours. It depends on the amount of seeds you place on your trays.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salted in the Shell Sunflower Seeds
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.2
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3539.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 8.2 g