Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Recipe courtesy BettyCrocker.com
Make and share this Salted Chocolate Almond Fudge recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) cancoarsely chopped smoked almonds
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips (6 oz)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1 cup chopped dried cherries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Fleur de Sel sea salt, if desired
- Line cookie sheet with foil. Line 8-inch square pan with foil.
- In 8-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Stir in brown sugar, and cook until bubbly. Cook 1 minute longer, stirring occasionally. Add almonds; stir to coat. Spread almonds on cookie sheet. Cool completely, about 15 minutes. Break into small pieces.
- In large microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave 1 minute longer. Add almonds and dried cherries; stir until blended.
- Spread evenly in 8-inch square pan. Sprinkle with salt. Refrigerate about 2 hours until firm. Cut into 6 rows by 6 rows. Store covered at room temperature.