1/1 Photo of Salted Caramel Thumbprint Cookies
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) package Pillsbury® Sugar Cookie Mix
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened*
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 egg whites, beaten until foamy
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup Smucker's® Caramel Flavored Topping
- 1 1/4 teaspoons coarse sea salt or 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1HEAT oven to 350°F Line cookie sheets with parchment paper, if desired.
- 2COMBINE cookie mix, flour, softened butter, egg and almond extract in medium bowl. Mix with spoon until soft dough is formed.
- 3USE level measuring teaspoon of dough to make 3/4-inch balls. Dip into egg whites, then roll in pecans. Place on prepared cookie sheet. Make a rounded indentation in the center of each cookie.
- 4BAKE 10 minutes. Remake rounded indentation in cookie. Fill with scant 1/2 teaspoon caramel topping. Bake an additional 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle caramel with a pinch of coarse salt. Cool on cookie sheet 5 minutes. Transfer to wire rack. Cool completely.
- 5* To soften butter: Heat unwrapped butter in microwave 10 to 15 seconds.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salted Caramel Thumbprint Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.0
- Calories from Fat 322
- Total Fat 35.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 71.6 mg
- Sodium 649.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Pillsbury® Sugar Cookie Mix
Smucker's® Caramel Flavored Topping