1/1 Photo of Salted Caramel-Pecan Bars
This is a classic recipe updated with a sprinkle of kosher salt. From Southern Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 10 to 12 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
- 2Line a 15x10 inch jelly-roll pan with aluminum foil; lightly grease foil. Arrange graham crackers in a single layer in prepared pan, slightly overlapping edges.
- 3Combine sugar, butter, and cream in a medium-size heavy saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla and pecans. Pour butter mixture over crackers, spreading to coat.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for 10 - 11 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.
- 5Immediately sprinkle with salt, and slide foil from pan onto a wire rack. Cool completely (about 30 minutes). Break into bars.
- 6Chocolate-Pecan-Caramel Bars: Prepare recipe as directed through Step 4. Top warm bars with 1 cup dark chocolate morsels. Let stand 3 minutes, and spread chocolate over bars. Proceed with recipe as directed in Step 5. Chill 20 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salted Caramel-Pecan Bars
Serving Size: 1 (619 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 820.2
- Calories from Fat 531
- Total Fat 59.0 g
- Saturated Fat 25.5 g
- Cholesterol 101.7 mg
- Sodium 531.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 61.1 g
- Protein 4.5 g