1/1 Photo of Salted Caramel Peanut-Butter Ice Cream
8 hrs 10 mins
This ice cream contains no eggs. Instead, it relies on the peanut butter to supply the rich creaminess that egg yolks give to recipes. Using jarred caramel sauce makes the salted caramel swirl a snap. Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes, plus at least 8 hours of freezing time. Notes: If you want the ice cream to be extra-peanutty, add 1/4 cup chopped toasted peanuts in step 2. From Sunset magazine. Cooking time is freezer time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small saucepan or microwave-safe container, heat caramel sauce until warm but not boiling, about 1 minute over medium heat or 20 seconds in the microwave on full power (100%). Add salt and stir to combine. Set aside.
- 2In a medium bowl, whisk together peanut butter, sugar, cream, milk, and vanilla until peanut butter is mostly dissolved. Let sit 5 minutes, or until sugar is dissolved, then whisk again.
- 3Pour into an ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer's directions. Add salted caramel for the last 10 seconds of churning.
- 4Transfer to an airtight, freezer-safe container and freeze at least 8 hours and up to 24, depending on how firm you would like the ice cream to be.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salted Caramel Peanut-Butter Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (1062 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 835.6
- Calories from Fat 485
- Total Fat 53.9 g
- Saturated Fat 22.4 g
- Cholesterol 110.8 mg
- Sodium 730.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 41.8 g
- Protein 15.7 g