Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Couldn't get any sweeter!
Make and share this Salted Caramel Monkey Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (16 ounce) canned biscuit dough (use Grands original or buttermilk)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup unsalted butter (plus more for greasing the pan)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt (plus more for sprinkling on top)
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Generously grease a 10-cup Bundt pan with 1 or 2 tablespoons of butter; set aside. (NOTE: It's important to thoroughly grease all of the little cracks and crevices of the Bundt pan, especially at the bottom where all of the sticky caramel gathers as the cake bakes. The better you grease your pan, the easier it will be to extract the cake when you're ready to serve.).
- Remove biscuit dough from packaging and separate into individual biscuits. Tear each biscuit into 3 pieces and use your hands to roll them into balls.
- Working in batches of 3 or 4 at a time, drop dough balls in the bag of the cinnamon mixture; seal bag and shake until dough is coated. Arrange dough in greased Bundt pan and repeat process with remaining balls. (Alternatively, if the dough starts sticking to together in the bag, you can dip the dough balls int one at a time to ensure they're thoroughly coated with sugar and cinnamon.) Set aside while you make the sauce.
- In a medium saucepan, melt both sticks of butter over medium heat. Whisk in brown sugar, heavy cream, and 1 tsp of sea salt and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and continuously whisk ingredients for about 3-4 minutes, until mixture is well-combined and the brown sugar is completely dissolved. (NOTE: Salted Caramel Sauce can be made in advance and chilled for up to 2-3 days. When you're ready to use it, just microwave sauce for 30 seconds to restore it's syrup-like consistency).
- Remove saucepan from heat and carefully pour 2 cups of the warm caramel sauce over the dough balls in the Bundt pan; save the remaining sauce for serving.
- Transfer Bundt pan to oven and bake the monkey bread for about 30 minutes, or until the bread is puffy and golden brown.
- Remove Bundt pan from oven and allow to rest for no more than 5-10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate or cake stand (with a plate underneath it to catch any sticky drippings).
- Drizzle the remaining caramel sauce over the monkey bread. Sprinkle with sea salt to taste just before serving (optional).