Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have become addicted to anything that is salted/caramel. Chocolate makes it all that more decadent!!! If all the ingredients are out, this recipes comes together in a matter of 10 minutes. The taste depends on the quality of chocolate and salt used. This recipe can be made 3 hours before serving. Bring ramekins to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 425. Butter the ramekins and dust with cocoa powder (optional). Cut each caramel square into a few smaller pieces and press some salt onto them and set aside. If you leave them whole, they might not melt all the way through.
- Microwave the chocolate and butter for one minutes in a large bowl. The chocolate will not have completely melted at this point. Whisk till the chocolate and butter combines.
- Add the sugar and mix it inches Add the eggs and incorporate. Stir in the flour. Work the flour in gently to combine. Divide batter evenly between the 4 ramekins. Gently scatter the caramel bits around the batter, trying not to press so hard that the caramel rests on the bottom of the dish.
- Place ramekins on a cookie sheet and bake between 10 - 14 minutes. The cake is ready when it has a domed appearance, the centre is a little moist and the edges of the cake, dry and firm. Leave in ramekin for 5 minutes before inverting onto serving plates. Run a knife around the cake and carefully invert. Garnish with some extra salt.
- Note: The recipe works extremely well with the salt flakes -- anything else would really affect the taste. Plan well when you want to serve them. If not served within 10 minutes of taking them out of the oven, the caramel tends to harden up.