1/1 Photo of Salted Caramel Butter Sauce
This rich, decandent dessert sauce is perfect as a topping on ice cream, cakes, or whipped cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the sugar in a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat.
- 2Cook the sugar until it melts and begins to turn a caramel colour.
- 3Give the caramel a stir to blend in any uncooked sugar.
- 4Once all the sugar has turned to liquid caramel, remove the pan from the heat and dip the base of the pan into cold water VERY BRIEFLY to stop the caramel from cooking further.
- 5Carefully stir in the cream (the mixture may splatter and foam), add the butter, and place the pan over low heat, stirring until all the caramel is dissolved.
- 6Let cool slightly before servinng.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salted Caramel Butter Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.4
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 49.2 mg
- Sodium 86.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 0.4 g