1/6 Photos of Salted Caramel Brownies
weekend cooker's Note:
Rich in flavor, and a definate crowd pleaser.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE BROWNIES
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
FOR THE TOPPING
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2To prepare brownies.
- 3Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife.
- 4Combine the flour, and the next 4 ingredients (through baking powder) in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- 5Combine 6 tablespoons butter, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 6Add this mixture to the flour mixture,stir to combine.
- 7Scrape batter into a 9-inch square metal baking pan lightly coated with cooking spray.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees for 19 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted comes out with moist crumbs clinging.
- 9Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- 10TO PREPARE TOPPING:.
- 11Melt 1/4 cup butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- 12Add brown sugar, 1 1/2 tablespoons milk, and cook 2 minutes.
- 13Remove from heat, and add vanilla and powdered sugar, and stir with a whisk until smooth.
- 14Spread mixture evenly over cooled brownies,let stand 20 minutes, or until set.
- 15Combine remaining 2 tablespoons milk, and chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, and microvave on high for 45 seconds, or until melted, stirring after 20 seconds.
- 16Stir just until smooth, and drizzle over caramel.
- 17Sprinkle with sea salt, let stand until set, and cut into 20 squares.
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salted Caramel Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 733.9
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 139.3 mg
- Sodium 337.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 134.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 106.7 g
- Protein 9.9 g