Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Added for ZWT 6.
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon szechwan pepper, left whole
- 1 tablespoon mirin, sherry or 1 tablespoon sake
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 6 cups cored and shredded green cabbage
- Combine all of the ingredients, except for the cabbage, in a large glass or plastic container. Toss in the cabbage and mix well.
- Find a pot cover that is just smaller than the top of the container, then place it on top of the cabbage mixture.
- Weigh the lid down with something about 5 lbs.
- Let the mixture sit for about an hour. Remove the weight, then toss again. Let it sit for another hour.
- Eat or refrigerate for a few days.