1/1 Photo of Salted Boiling Water - What Does It Mean?
I found a recipe similar to this online today, and had the best hours of laughing at the reviews. It became even funnier when I called my hubby and told him about it, he reminded me of my little sister's first official dinner cooked for her mother-In-law. (A great story I will included on my ME page later.) My DH made me see a need in having this posted for new cooks, as not everyone grows up with a good teacher from the start, with that in mind, here is my improved version.
My Private Note
- 1Measure water into a pan that has a tight fitting lid, cover and turn on high.
- 2When water begins to boil - add salt, cover and return lid giving just a moment or two to return to a full rolling boil.
- 3Proceed with whatever recipe you have that says cook in "boiling salted water".
- 4Adjust water amounts according to amount of your recipe yield, keeping the water/salt ratio of 1 tsp salt to 1 cup water.
- 6Placing a lid on pan will help water to boil faster.
- 7ALWAYS add salt AFTER the water is boiling to prevent "pitting" of your pans, which can ruin a pan forever.
- 9After reading my first review,.
- 10I do want to explain I am NOT in ANYWAY picking fun at new cooks, everyone starts somewhere. The humor I found in the recipe listing at another site is the reviews so many people wrote in reply to reading the recipe. 736 reviews! Almost 90% are written in a good cooks humor. When I was done reading all I could handle, my sides ached, my cheeks were wet with tears of insane laughter, and I had called long distance to 2 sisters, making them listen! At the risk of being hit by the large Zaar spoon, I will just say the other recipe site starts with an E. (Please note: that is the only recipe I suggest for reading there! And 'Zaar is the ONLY www. site that I have a paid membership!) :).
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salted Boiling Water - What Does It Mean?
Serving Size: 1 (972 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2332.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g