Recipe by jennisue
If you like Salt water taffies but don't want to go to the beach to get it, then try this recipe. It's also great to do with kids. They can help you pull the taffy. If you want a choc. flavor, then you need to go to a candy store to get the extract for it. do not use baking choc.
Top Review by mellymouse_72283
I didnt try this but My recipe looks identical except for I add either 1/4 tsp oil of peppermint or 1 tsp peppermint extract (or flavoring of your choice) I agree with gators mom and say too much flavoring. Again mine is the same with half the flavoring and it is phenomenal. Thanks
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon food coloring, of your choice
- 3⁄4 tablespoon extract, flavoring of your choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combin Sugar, Corn syrup, Salt, and Water in a 2 quart pan.
- Cook over medium high heat, stirring constantly till suagr dissovles.
- Heat mixture without stirring, until it reaches a hard boil stage. about 260*.
- Remove from heat, mix in remaining ingredients.
- Cover a cookie sheet with tin foil, lightly spray pam on it, and pour the taffy onto the cookie sheet.
- Cool until just able to handle.
- Butter hands--gather taffy into a ball and pull.
- Continue to pull until light in color and hard to pull.
- Divide into fourths (1/4).
- Pull each fourth (1/4) into a 1/2" thick rope.
- Cut into 1" pieces using a knife.
- Wrape individually in wax paper.