Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 1 (1 lb) bag frozen french fries, extra crispy variety
- 2 teaspoons fine salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- white vinegar or malt vinegar or cider vinegar, for sprinkling
- Cook fries to package directions on a cookie sheet. Combine salt and cayenne.
- Remove fries and toss with spicy salt, seasoning to your taste. Sprinkle with vinegar and serve fries immediately.
Good recipe and simple. My granddaughter loves salt & vinegar potato chips, so I thought we'd give this a try. I did not add the cayenne since she didn't want it (I may try it with the cayenne when she's not at home). I did the "sprinkle" method but didn't feel like it got enough vinegar on the fries to taste it. My granddaughter then used a spoon and gently put a little vinegar on each fry. Some of them got limp (not soggy, but not crisp either). I think next time we'll, drip the vinegar on a little heavier then pop back in the oven to crisp up a little.
DD (toddler) says to tell you these are good. I found them pretty plain with a cut down to the cayenne pepper as well & use of sea salt. I agree with a previous reviewer that we couldn't really taste the white vinegar and I put on more than just a sprinkle.