Prep 10 mins
Cook 480 hrs
Something different with chicken and apples--Quick.
- 2 large chicken breast fillets
- 8 sage leaves
- 8 slices prosciutto or 8 slices mild pancetta or 8 slices rindless streaky bacon
- 3 unpeeled red apples, cored, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 dash balsamic vinegar, to taste
- mash & steamed vegetables, to serve
- Preheat oven to 210°C/190°C fan forced.
- Cut fillets crosswise into 4 chunks. Season with black pepper; top each with a sage leaf. Wrap in a slice of prosciutto and secure with toothpicks. Set aside.
- Toss apples with the oil in a flameproof roasting pan. Top with chicken. Roast for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is tender and juices run clear when tested with a skewer. Remove chicken to a plate; cover with foil.
- Place pan with apples over a moderate heat on the stovetop. Add stock and balsamic; simmer briefly until juices concentrate. Season to taste. Spoon apples and juices onto serving plates. Top with chicken.
- Serve with veggies & mash.
Did not like at all!!!