Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is better then Mrs. Dash. No chemicals.
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Use to season pork, chicken, or fish.
- Store in an air tight container.
We enjoyed this salt substitute, used it on scrambled eggs and vegetables too. The flavor is a lot fresher and heartier than the store bought brand. I did increase the black pepper and used a bit less than 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper for our taste. Thank you Dancer!
This stuff is pretty good if you can't have salt. Luckily, I can eat all the salt I want, so this was for my dad. He seems to like it so if we ever run out, I'll probably make this again. Thanks!