Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The primary purpose of a salt scrub is to exfoliate your skin. It also hydrates your skin because the salt is combined with oil and usually some aromatic like lemon, lavender, or even figs. The salt scrub is rinsed off and leaves your skin feeling very soft and fragrant.
- 1⁄2 cup jojoba oil (Sweet almond, grapeseed or rice bran oil are also good choices)
- 1 cup fine sea salt (You can also substitute sugar, which is gentler)
- 5 drops essential oils (The oil you choose for your body scrub depends on the result you want. Lavender is relaxing, lemongr)
- Combine the oil and salt in a bowl and mix well. Add essential oil and combine well.
- To use, apply to dry skin using circular strokes to exfoliate the skin. Sit on the side of the tub to keep the scrub from making a mess. Don't use a salt scrub if you have any cuts in your skin.
- Shower off or follow with a warm bath. Make sure you use a non-slip surface as the oil makes the tub slippery.