Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A delightful treat of salty and sweet :) If you have a salty/sweet tooth like I do, this is a WONDERFUL treat with a slightly unexpected ingredient, club crackers! I found that following the recipe exact was a bit too sweet for my taste so I scaled back the amount of "caramel." Easy to adjust to your taste!
- Line an 8x8 glass or metal baking pan with foil so it hangs over the edges of the pan. Lightly grease the bottom/sides.
- Place 15 club crackers in the bottom of the pan, 5 rows of 3, and sprinkle about 1/3 cup of the peanut butter chips over the crackers.
- Melt the butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until melted, bubbly around the edges and has a creamy texture (about 5 minutes). Pour 1/3 of this mixture over the crackers and peanut butter chips as evenly as possible. Then, add another layer of crackers, peanut butter chips and caramel on top. Then, one more layer and finish with a layer of crackers.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl in the microwave with the vegetable oil, stirring in 30 second increments until the chocolate is completely melted. Spread the chocolate over the final cracker layer evenly. Let the chocolate to cool a bit, then sprinkle the top with coarse sea salt.
- Place the pan in the fridge to let the chocolate start to set. After about 30 minutes, remove from the fridge and lightly cut through the chocolate to give you guidelines for where to cut later. Put the bars back in the fridge and allow to cool completely. When cool, remove the foil and bars from the pan and cut completely through. Store in refrigerator if you have a warm kitchen.