Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
This is a simple, classic salt potato recipe that is a perfect accompaniment to any summer meal--or year-round if you wish. The potatoes are sweet with just the right level of saltiness and combination of herbs. They're also great heated through the next day--that is if there are any left!
- 2 lbs yellow potatoes, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary, dried
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes and salt in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- During last five minutes of potatoes' cooking time, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add garlic powder, basil, rosemary, pepper and lemon juice to butter and stir to combine.
- Drain potatoes and place in serving dish.
- Pour butter mixture over potatoes and toss to coat evenly.
- Serve and enjoy!