1/1 Photo of Salt Pork Lentil Soup
1 hr 10 mins
Refrigerate or freeze leftovers. Even better the next day! You can use any sort of lentils you want.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot, brown the salt pork over medium heat.
- 2Remove the bits and saute the onion and carrot about five minutes in the fat from the pork.
- 3Add the garlic and saute a minute longer.
- 4Re-add the pork bits as well as the parsley, lentils, and water or stock.
- 5Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- 6Simmer about 45 minutes to an hour, or until the lentils are soft and cooked through, but not falling apart.
- 7Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve with a crusty bread or crackers.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salt Pork Lentil Soup
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.7
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 221.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 10.3 g