Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
for asian forum tag
- 615 g green king prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined (24 medium)
- 2 teaspoons ground sichuan pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon flaked sea salt
- lime wedge, to serve
- 125 ml water
- 2 stalks lemongrass, pale section only, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 235 g reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh Thai basil
- To make the mayonnaise, combine the water, lemon grass and lime rind in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Cook for 5 minutes or until liquid has reduced to 1 tablespoonful. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool.
- Strain the lemon-grass mixture through a fine sieve into a small bowl. Add the mayonnaise and basil and stir to combine.
- Thread the prawns, tail-end first, onto the bamboo skewers.
- Preheat a barbecue grill on high. Combine the Sichuan pepper, black pepper and salt in a bowl. Sprinkle the pepper mixture over the prawns and cook on grill for 1-2 minutes each side or until prawns change colour. Transfer to a serving platter. Serve with lemon-grass mayonnaise and lime wedges.