Recipe by Sonya01
You will need to soak 12 bamboo skewers in cold water for 15 minutes for this recipe.
- 6 about 900g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 red capsicum, halved, deseeded, cut into 2cm pieces
- 4 spring onions, ends trimmed, cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons flaked sea salt
- 1 teaspoon szechuan peppercorns, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 bunches baby bok choy, ends trimmed, quartered lengthways
- 1 tablespoon lee kum kee panda oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons lee kum kee premium soy sauce
- steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- lee kum kee oyster sauce, extra, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Thread the chicken, capsicum and spring onion among the skewers. Combine the sea salt, sichuan pepper, black pepper and five spice in a small bowl. Sprinkle the seasoning mixture evenly over both sides of the chicken skewers.
- Heat 1 tsp of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the chicken skewers and cook for 3 minutes each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a wok over high heat until just smoking. Add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry for about 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add the bok choy, oyster sauce and soy sauce, and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until the bok choy just wilts. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon the steamed rice among serving bowls. Top with the bok choy mixture and chicken skewers, and drizzle with extra oyster sauce, if desired. Serve immediately.