Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My family really enjoyed this chicken recipe. I thought this was so simple to make. I got the recipe from Copy Kat Chat.
- 2 chicken breasts, thinly sliced into strips
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 3 green chilies, sliced
- sea salt
- black pepper
- oil (for frying)
- Make a batter with flour, cornflour and water. You need about two-thirds flour and one-third cornflour. Mix with water to the consistency of double cream.
- Stir in the chicken strips until they are evenly coated.
- Heat oil in a wok or deep-fryer. The oil should be deep enough to completely cover the pieces of chicken when they are put in it.
- Once the oil is hot (test by dropping in some of the batter off a teaspoon - it should rise quickly to the surface sizzling gently), add the pieces of chicken a few at a time and fry until golden-brown. You will need to do this in several batches. As each batch is cooked, put to one side to drain.
- Take a clean wok and heat a couple of tablespoons of oil in it.
- When hot, add the onions, pepper and chilli and stir fried for a couple of minutes until the onion starts to turn translucent.
- Add the fried chicken strips and stir thoroughly for a minute or two.
- Stir in a generous quantity of sea salt and ground black pepper.
- Serve immediately with rice and vegetables.