My family really enjoyed this chicken recipe. I thought this was so simple to make. I got the recipe from Copy Kat Chat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make a batter with flour, cornflour and water. You need about two-thirds flour and one-third cornflour. Mix with water to the consistency of double cream.
- 2Stir in the chicken strips until they are evenly coated.
- 3Heat oil in a wok or deep-fryer. The oil should be deep enough to completely cover the pieces of chicken when they are put in it.
- 4Once the oil is hot (test by dropping in some of the batter off a teaspoon - it should rise quickly to the surface sizzling gently), add the pieces of chicken a few at a time and fry until golden-brown. You will need to do this in several batches. As each batch is cooked, put to one side to drain.
- 5Take a clean wok and heat a couple of tablespoons of oil in it.
- 6When hot, add the onions, pepper and chilli and stir fried for a couple of minutes until the onion starts to turn translucent.
- 7Add the fried chicken strips and stir thoroughly for a minute or two.
- 8Stir in a generous quantity of sea salt and ground black pepper.
- 9Serve immediately with rice and vegetables.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salt & Pepper Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.4
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 50.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 16.3 g