Recipe by L DJ
Under 30mg sodium per teaspoon. Salt-Free alternative to the envelope mix. good for seasoning taco meat, burrito meat, meat loaf. Also good sprinkled over cottage cheese, or mixed into sour cream for a dip. Add according to taste preference.
Top Review by Mee-Mee
This is a fantastic taco seasoning mix. I substituted homemade chili powder for bought to reduce the sodium greatly. Good recipe for this is #38558 by Dee514. Thanks for all the flavor...
- 6 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients in a labeled (Salt-free-taco) sandwich size zip lock plastic bag.
- Seal and shake.
- I keep my baggies of seasonings I make in an old bread tin, labeling the lip with a smudge free marker.
- Then I can find the seasoning mix I need quickly.
- When ready to use, shake bag before using.
- This makes about 30 teaspoons Serving size is 1 teaspoon for use in recipes.
- if calculating nutritional data purposes.