Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Perfect sauce for marinating chicken prior to grilling (wonderful for kabobs). Also great as a dipping sauce. Totally up to you! This is a salt-free version from the cookbook The No-Salt Cookbook. If you are living a low sodium life, you will surely enjoy this tasty treat! Feel free to kick up the heat by adding red pepper flakes or a few drops of hot sauce. If you can have salt in your diet, feel free to add salt or soy sauce to your tastes.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sodium-free peanut butter (may increase to 3 T)
- 2 tablespoons sodium-free tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped (may increase to 2 or 3 cloves)
- 1⁄4 cup coconut milk
- Put all of the ingredients except the coconut milk in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the coconut milk. Keep sauce refrigerated if you are not going to use it right away.