Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great spice mix if you are watching your salt intake, and it tastes great too!
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (can use more)
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Store in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid in a cool dry place.
- Shake before using.
A lot of the Cajun recipes I make contain sausage, and regular Cajun seasoning can be too salty. This is just perfect, and a giant step up from storebought! Thanks, Kitten!
Mixed this up to use in another recipe I wanted to make & found it so much better (as have the other reviewers) than the store-bought seasoning! Definitely will be using this much more now that I know about it!
Most Cajun seasonings are too salty for me. I wanted to make my own Clams and Shrimp using something other than old bay or all the other salty seasonings out there. This was absolutely delicious in this stew and was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much!