Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great spice mix if you are watching your salt intake, and it tastes great too!
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (can use more)
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Store in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid in a cool dry place.
- Shake before using.
A lot of the Cajun recipes I make contain sausage, and regular Cajun seasoning can be too salty. This is just perfect, and a giant step up from storebought! Thanks, Kitten!
Mixed this up to use in another recipe I wanted to make & found it so much better (as have the other reviewers) than the store-bought seasoning! Definitely will be using this much more now that I know about it!
Most Cajun seasonings are too salty for me. I wanted to make my own Recipe #248904 using something other than old bay or all the other salty seasonings out there. This was absolutely delicious in this stew and was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much!