Recipe by jenny butt
A popular dish throughout the Caribbean. This version is from Caribbean Cooking For Pleasure by Mary Slater
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 1 lb cooked salt fish, flaked
- 2 small onions, sliced
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, de-seeded & chopped
- 1 raw egg, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 pint milk
- 1 pinch salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces cooked potatoes, mashed
- 1 ounce soft breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a pie dish with the butter.
- Put in a few slices of hard boiled egg, cover with layers of fish, the rest of the egg, onion rings, tomato slices, and pepper pieces.
- Beat the raw egg in the milk.
- Add salt & pepper, then add Worcestershire sauce and beat again.
- Pour milk mixture over the fish.
- Spread mashed potato over the top.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and parsley.
- Bake in a hot oven for 30 minutes -- 425°/Gas Mark 7.