This recipe has really good points and really bad points, and is worth trying. I used 2 pounds of baby red potatoes and they lined the bottom of a 9x13" baking dish. I ended up needing DOUBLE the salt mixture to completely cover the potatoes. I put a whole head of garlic cloves in there, too, because I love roasted garlic. The smells emanating from the oven were incredibly good - to me! :) My family would have preferred less garlic in the aroma. The drama aspect was awesome when I brought it to the table, with a satisfying first *crack*! But the chiseling that occurred afterward to try to excavate the potatoes and garlic cloves was rough and took a lot of time. Lots of salt stuck to the outsides of the potatoes, making them very salty, unless you brushed all the salt off first. The flavor and texture, though, is well worth revisiting this recipe and trying to find a way to make it work better! :) Thank you for posting!