Recipe by LMillerRN
For more robust flavor, allow meat to stand 15 minutes with rub before serving. Substitute any spice for Italian blend.
Top Review by Budgiegirl
My firs PAC recipe for my first PAC contest and boy was it a good one. The crust sealed the juices and made this the juicest pork loin I have ever had. Next, however, I would let the rub stand for a bit or mayby make a marinade of the oil and herbs. Make sure you remove all the salt from the crust before eating or it is very salty.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning mix, blend
- 1 lb boneless pork tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly combine minces garlic with spice blend.
- Pat pork tenderloin dry with paper towel.
- Brush tenderloin with oil; sprinkle with garlic/spice mix. Press into tenderloin.
- Place long sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil on a baking pan. Place tenderloin on foil; bring edges of foil up at sides and ends; fold in allowing top of pork tenderloin to remain exposed.
- Sprinkle top of tenderloin wit kosher salt.
- Roast at 450 for 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160.
- (Salt layer will brown and crack during roasting process).
- Allow meat to rest 10 minutes. Remove and discard salt crust.
- Slice and serve.