Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
For more robust flavor, allow meat to stand 15 minutes with rub before serving. Substitute any spice for Italian blend.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning mix, blend
- 1 lb boneless pork tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- Thoroughly combine minces garlic with spice blend.
- Pat pork tenderloin dry with paper towel.
- Brush tenderloin with oil; sprinkle with garlic/spice mix. Press into tenderloin.
- Place long sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil on a baking pan. Place tenderloin on foil; bring edges of foil up at sides and ends; fold in allowing top of pork tenderloin to remain exposed.
- Sprinkle top of tenderloin wit kosher salt.
- Roast at 450 for 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160.
- (Salt layer will brown and crack during roasting process).
- Allow meat to rest 10 minutes. Remove and discard salt crust.
- Slice and serve.
My firs PAC recipe for my first PAC contest and boy was it a good one. The crust sealed the juices and made this the juicest pork loin I have ever had. Next, however, I would let the rub stand for a bit or mayby make a marinade of the oil and herbs. Make sure you remove all the salt from the crust before eating or it is very salty.