- 1⁄2 lb salt cod fish
- 2 cups diced raw potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- vegetable oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak cod fish in water, preferably overnight then boil for 1/2 hour. Meanwhile peel and dice potatoes; boil for 20 minutes. When cool mash coarsely.
- Drain, rinse fish under cold water and flake making sure to remove fine bones.
- Add butter, pepper and shredded fish to potatoes, mix well.
- Form mixture into light, feathery balls.
- Dip in beaten egg then breadcrumbs. Fry in deep oil in fryer basket until golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve very hot with your favorite cocktail sauce.