1/1 Photo of Salt Cod Fish Balls
8 hrs 36 mins
8 hrs 30 mins
Julie B's Hive's Note:
From "Simple Jamaican Cooking with Winsome" Posting for ZWT3
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak cod fish in water, preferably overnight then boil for 1/2 hour. Meanwhile peel and dice potatoes; boil for 20 minutes. When cool mash coarsely.
- 2Drain, rinse fish under cold water and flake making sure to remove fine bones.
- 3Add butter, pepper and shredded fish to potatoes, mix well.
- 4Form mixture into light, feathery balls.
- 5Dip in beaten egg then breadcrumbs. Fry in deep oil in fryer basket until golden brown.
- 6Drain on absorbent paper and serve very hot with your favorite cocktail sauce.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salt Cod Fish Balls
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.7
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 66.5 mg
- Sodium 1348.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 13.4 g