Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
These can also be finished on the grill instead of the broiler.
- 1 lb fingerling potato, sliced lengthwise to 1/4-inch thickness*
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- In a small pot, combine the potato slices and vinegar. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer until fork-tender, about 8 minutes. Let cool in liquid for 30 minutes. Then drain well and pat potatoes dry with paper towels.
- Preheat the broiler with a rack about 6 inches below the heat source. Dump the potato slices onto a sheet pan, sprinkle very generously with olive oil, salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Arrange the potato slices in a single layer. Broil until lightly browned on top, about 7 minutes. Then flip the slices and broil until the underside is lightly browned, about 5 minutes more. Serve warm.