Recipe by The Flying Chef
This is a wonderful recipe that is so quick and easy to prepare and is great either on the grill, if it is BBQ weather or just done in the frying pan as I cooked it the other night. Depending on how you like your tuna cooked it is on the table in about 15-20 Min's. I like my tuna pink in the middle as tuna should be undercooked, otherwise it gets quite tough.
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground sichuan pepper (szechuan)
- 60 -80 ml olive oil (depending on the size of your steaks Mine were huge)
- 4 tuna steaks
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons wasabi powder (mixed with a small amount of water to form a paste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Using mortar and pestle or pepper grinder, grind salt and pepper until fine.
- Combine pepper mixture with oil and fish in a large bowl cover stand 5 Min's.
- Meanwhile combine mayonnaise, wasabi, coriander and juice in a bowl.
- Heat a large frying pan, add fish, cook about 2-3 Min's aside, for pink centre, or until cooked as desired, or BBQ steaks.
- Serve tuna with wasabi mayonnaise. I served mine atop Japanese style vegetables.