Recipe by Felix4067
I thought this was going to be way too salty, and it's certainly not low sodium, but it is delicious!
Top Review by Marie
We had this dish at a Chinese Restaurant and fell in love with it, so I was so happy to find this. I did decrease the salt to 1 teaspoon and that was plenty. Only other change I made was to dust the shrimp with cornstarch before cooking. Next time I will add some thinly sliced green onions. Served it over fried rice for an awesome dinner! This will go into my favorite "Zaar recipes cookbook. Thank you so much for sharing.
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined (don't use precooked, thaw if frozen)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 chili pepper, seeded and chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced fine
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine salt, pepper and peppercorns with mortar and pestle; mix with sugar and set aside.
- Rinse shrimp under cold water and pat dry with paper towel.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add shrimp, chili, ginger and garlic and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp are cooked.
- Add salt, pepper and sugar mixture and stir-fry another minute, making sure it doesn’t burn.