Recipe by NotQuiteVegetarian
This recipe comes from the Australian Women's Weekly Summer Seafood cookbook, with some very minor adaptations. It's healthy, delicious, very easy and takes less than half an hour to prepare. The wasabi adds unexpected depth to the salmon.
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper (sichuan pepper if possible, but if not, cracked pepper is fine)
- 60 ml vegetable oil
- 4 (220 g) salmon fillets, skin on
- 150 g mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 1 teaspoon coriander, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine salt, pepper, half the oil and salmon in large bowl; cover, stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make wasabi mayonnaise, by combining mayonnaise, wasabi paste, coriander and lime juice in a small bowl.
- Heat remaining oil in large frying pan; cook fish, skin-side down, until skin crisps.
- Turn fish; cook, uncovered, until cooked as desired.
- Serve salmon with wasabi mayonnaise, and watercress and lime slices, if desired.