Recipe by **Jubes**
A great fingerfood dish for parties or serve as an entree. You can use regular ground peppercorns ground chinese sichuan peppercorns if you prefer This recipe is wheat and gluten free
Top Review by gaylmi
Excellent!!!!! I served this with "My Thai Sesame Noodles, Recipe #413122". If you dont have rice flour do not fret. I substituted 3/4 cup all purpose flour and 2 tbs. corn starch and it came out perfect. I would watch how much salt you use. I will cut back a little on this, but otherwise a very good recipe. Wouldn't change anything, but dont be afraid if you need to do a substitution.
- 24 medium green prawns (about 1.4 kilos)
- 1⁄2 cup rice flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 cups peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon flaked sea salt
- 1 -2 lemon, cut into wedges to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, devein and butterfly the prawns, leaving the tails intact.
- Combine the flour salt and 2 teaspoons of the ground peppercorns in a large bowl. Add prawns and toss to coat in the flour mixture. Shake off the excess flour from each prawn.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frypan until very hot. Cook prawns in small batches for about 2 minutes or until crisp. Transfer prawns to a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- In a seperate bowl, combine the salt flakes with the remaining teaspoon of ground peppercorns.
- Place prawns on a serving plate and sprinkle with the salt & pepper mix. Serve with lemon wedges.