1/2 Photos of Salt and Pepper Gambas (Spanish-Style Shrimp)
A multicoloured array of peppercorns and chillies ground together adds fire to these deep-fried Spanish shrimp scented with ginger and garlic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb raw jumbo shrimp, peeled and intestinal threads removed
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 1 bunch scallion, cut into 1 1/2in pieces
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 inch piece fresh gingerroot, peeled and finely shredded
- 2/3 ounce sea salt, plus extra for soaking
- 2/3 ounce ground mixed peppercorns, and
- chile, such as black pepper, green pepper, chilli powder, cayenne pepper and szechuan pepper
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1Soak the shrimp in a large bowl of salty cold water for 20 minutes. Rinse thoroughly and pat the prawns dry with paper towels.
- 2Heat a generous quantity of vegetable oil in a deep-fryer to 350F then fry the shrimp for just 20 seconds, working in batches if necessary. Drain on paper towels.
- 3Lightly coat a wok with some oil and stir-fry the scallions, garlic and ginger.
- 4Add the deep-fried shrimp and the salt and pepper. Stir-fry for 20 seconds and serve hot with chopped cilantro sprinkled on top.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salt and Pepper Gambas (Spanish-Style Shrimp)
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.1
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 172.5 mg
- Sodium 2025.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 24.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: