A simple way to dress up steak before grilling. Very tasty. A crust develops on the steak that has to be cracked away before eating, but the steak inside is so worth it. Flavorful and succulent.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim excess fat from steak.
- 2Slash the fatty edge of the steak to keep it from curling.
- 3Mix oil and mustard and spread it in a thick layer over the steak, top and bottom.
- 4Mix salt with pepper and coat steak with this mixture, pressing the layer firmly onto the steak.
- 5Place steak on wax paper and let stand for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- 6Place steak 6 inches above gray coals and grill for 20 minutes on each side for rare, 25 minutes per side for medium.
- 7Use tongs to turn the steak to keep from piercing the meat.
- 8Break the crust from the steak and cut meat into thin slices across the grain.
- 9Serve as is or on rye bread toast.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salt and Pepper Crusted Steak
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 895.8
- Calories from Fat 531
- Total Fat 59.1 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 272.0 mg
- Sodium 345.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 84.6 g