Adapted from Company's Coming "Chicken Now" --Great for the grill!
Make and share this Salt and Pepper Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts or 2 lbs chicken thighs or 2 lbs chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons montreal steak spice, I suggest Faux Montreal Steak Rub Seasoning Mix - Substitute
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt, more if desired
- Combine ingredients in a ziploc bag and shake to cover chicken pieces.
- Let sit 2 hours or overnight for more pronounced flavour.
- Bake or Grill until juices run clear.
- For OAMC: freeze after step one, defrost overnight in fridge and then Bake or Grill as directed.
This chicken was so flavorful and juicy! I followed the OAMC directions, putting it all together a couple of weeks ago and taking it out of the freezer one day to thaw and grill the next night. The next day I sliced the leftover chicken, heated it up and added to a large green tossed salad for dinner the next night. Yum!
This took just a couple of min. to put together! I only had time to marinate for 45 min. but it grilled up tender and with LOTS of flavor. I served with chicken Rice a Roni, which I overcooked a bit, but the stickiness of the rice went great with the chicken. Thanks Pamela, for posting a recipe I will make often. Roxygirl
For fans of this taste, this is the REAL DEAL! Not for everyone (my wife included), but reminds me of some of the best pepper chicken I've had in some of my favorite Chinese restaurants.