Bonnie G #2's Note:
When we lived in Italy DH LOVED the whole fish baked in a salt crust and served at the table where the crust was cracked, then fileted with a spoon and fork and the fish was so moist and flavorful. I never knew how to do it then saw Anne Burrell on TV prepare it and knew I had to get the recipe and make it for us. I haven't done this yet, but will very soon.
My Private Note
whole f ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In food processor, combine lemon zest and juice, picked thyme, bay leaves and garlic and pulse until a coarse paste.
- 2Add egg whites and puree until frothy and foamy.
- 3In large bowl combine herb-egg white mixture with salt and mix until a moist paste.
- 4Place half of lemon slices and whole thyme in cavity of each fish.
- 5On a baking sheet, place a little less than half of salt mixture in two rows.
- 6Lay fish on top of each.
- 7Pack remaining salt mixture around fish to encase them, pressing mixture firmly on fish to create crust.
- 8Roast fish at 450 for 25 minutes. Remove and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 9Crack open salt crust and brush excess salt from fish.
- 10Remove top fillet, pull the spine out and remove the bottom fillet.
- 11Drizzle with olive oil and serve.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salt and Herb Roasted Whole Fish
Serving Size: 1 (1406 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.8
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 452942.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 17.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: