Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Originally from Susan Aaronson, Prodigy, 9/91, who said this is a very rich and filling dish but absolutely wonderful. Absolutely right!! Also very good with sweet sausage or a combination of both. Please do use all the spices to attain the correct flavor. And, yes, I've been making this since 1991!
- 1 lb bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1 cup onion, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 pint heavy cream
- cooked pasta, your choice
- Heat a very large skillet; melt butter and oil, saute onion and garlic until translucent.
- Add sausage meat and spices to the onion mixture and cook on moderate heat for 10-15 minutes, or until the sausage is completely cooked. Drain fat.
- Add the cream and reduce by 1/3, this should take about 5 minutes on moderate heat. Stir very frequently to ensure that it doesn’t stick or burn.
- Taste, adjust seasoning with pepper and whatever you want to add, pour over hot pasta.
This came to together beautifully and tasted great. We loved the combination and it was wonderful over pasta. Made as posted with excellent results. Served with a green salad. Made for a lovely weekend supper.Thank you Jezski.