Missy Wombat's Note:
From the collection of Mr Falafel at the alt.food.vegan newsgroup... Times are guesses and do not include waiting for the gluten to cool.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 tablespoons vegetable broth, heated and still very warm
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup textured soy protein granules (tvp)
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 lb medium firm tofu, mashed
- 1Mix the broth with the wine, tomato paste and sesame oil in a small bowl.
- 2Stir in the textured soy protein granules and allow to soak for about 5 minutes.
- 3Add the tofu and seasonings.
- 4The gluten powder should not be added until the mixture is cool (otherwise it creates'strings').
- 5To speed this up, you can spread the mixture out on a plate to cool in the refrigerator.
- 6When the mixture is cool, add the gluten powder and mix well with your hands.
- 7Press firmly into 10 thin patties or 14-20 firm links.
- 8Steam on a plate or steam basket (with little holes) over simmering water for 20 minutes.
- 9These can now be browned right away or refrigerated/frozen for later.
- 10To brown, use a non-stick skillet with a little olive oil or brush all the sides with a little olive oil and grill on both sides.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salsicca (vegetarian hot Italian sausage)
Serving Size: 1 (20 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 30.1
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 352.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
textured soy protein granules