Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Enjoy homemade salsa year round - I started making this recipe many years ago when living in an area short on fresh vegetables in the winter with several roommates who would eat their way through a jar of store bought salsa in nothing flat. I knew there had to be a better way to keep salsa in the house!
- 3 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes (I use the petite diced)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes (seasoned)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) jar pickled jalapeno peppers, rinsed thoroughly and diced small
- 1 diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste) or 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt (adjust to taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Place all diced tomatoes and tomato sauce in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix gently.
- Allow flavors to meld, and enjoy!