Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is very similar to the green sauce served with tortilla chips at a local Houston area restaurant.
- 18-20 golf ball sized tomatillos
- 3-6 serrano peppers (I use 4, adjust to your taste)
- 1 medium onion
- 118.29 ml chopped cilantro
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 2-3 avocados
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- Coarsely chop vegetables except avocados. Place all ingredients in a iron skillet with 2 Tablespoons olive oil. Cook until tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Place in a blender and blend well.
- Cut avocados in half remove seed and scoop pulp into the warm mixture. Blend until well mixed. Salt to taste. The avocados will not turn dark because of heating and this will retain its green color for several days in the refrigerator.
- My family and friends love this recipe.
- Being the newbie here I wanted to share something special from my kitchen.
- This can be served warm or cold.
- Hope you enjoy !
This is fantastic. I had a salsa verde very similar to this in San Marcos and had to try and recreate it at home. This recipe was pretty close. Thank you!