Recipe by JustJanS
A nice herby new potato salad (like the name suggests).
Top Review by Chef floWer
Delicious! I made a few changes, I used soya mayonnaise, tube dill, tube basil and brown oinions (it was all I had at home), we still enjoyed the recipe even with these changes. I made the salad for lunch but Little Miss (DD) and hubby at it with a steak for dinner. Thanks JustJan for posting your recipe.
- 1 kg baby new potato, washed halved, skin on
- 1 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dill leaves
- 1⁄4 cup chopped basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 lemon, grated rind and juice
- 2 tablespoons baby capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped baby dill pickles
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water, for 12-15 minutes of until just tender. Drain well then transfer to a serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients together and season to taste.
- Add half the mayo mixture to the warm potatoes and set aside to cool.
- When you are ready to serve, add remaining mixture and toss to coat.