Recipe by shancarter
Salsa Verde Pork Burrito Bowls is the latest dinner recipe selection in the Cozi Family Dinner Club, where we share family dinner recipes and then talk about how they went. Join the Dinner Club to get dinner ideas delivered to your inbox. submitted by April Brown Pork roast turns out tender and tasty with this super simple preparation in the slow cooker. Leftover meat is perfect for quick dinners the rest of the week. Try it in sandwiches, salads, soups and tacos. Original recipe here: http://www.cozi.com/live-simply/recipes/salsa-verde-pork-burrito-bowls
- 2 -3 lbs pork loin roast
- 16 ounces salsa verde (We use 8 oz. cans of Herdez Salsa Verde from H-E-B, 1 can per pound of pork)
- 16 ounces water (Again, one can per pound of pork)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour salsa verde in slow cooker.
- Add two salsa jars of water to slow cooker.
- Place pork roast on top.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours (or high for 4-5).
- About one hour before you plan to serve roast, shred with two forks.
- Serve with: Refried pinto beans or black beans, Cilantro Lime Rice (see instructions below), Shredded cheese (Mexican blend or cheddar), Tortilla chips, Salsa, Guacamole, sour cream (optional).
- To prepare cilantro rice: For each cup of dry rice prepared, mix in one tablespoon lime juice and one teaspoon or more chopped cilantro to water when boiling rice.
- To assemble burrito bowls: Scoop a spoonful of rice into bowl, top with beans. Add a spoonful of pork, sprinkle cheese over the top of all. Serve with chips and salsa. Or add lettuce and make it a burrito salad.