8 hrs 5 mins
Salsa Verde Pork Burrito Bowls is the latest dinner recipe selection in the Cozi Family Dinner Club, where we share family dinner recipes and then talk about how they went. Join the Dinner Club to get dinner ideas delivered to your inbox. submitted by April Brown Pork roast turns out tender and tasty with this super simple preparation in the slow cooker. Leftover meat is perfect for quick dinners the rest of the week. Try it in sandwiches, salads, soups and tacos. Original recipe here: http://www.cozi.com/live-simply/recipes/salsa-verde-pork-burrito-bowls
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour salsa verde in slow cooker.
- 2Add two salsa jars of water to slow cooker.
- 3Place pork roast on top.
- 4Cook on low for 6-8 hours (or high for 4-5).
- 5About one hour before you plan to serve roast, shred with two forks.
- 7Serve with: Refried pinto beans or black beans, Cilantro Lime Rice (see instructions below), Shredded cheese (Mexican blend or cheddar), Tortilla chips, Salsa, Guacamole, sour cream (optional).
- 8To prepare cilantro rice: For each cup of dry rice prepared, mix in one tablespoon lime juice and one teaspoon or more chopped cilantro to water when boiling rice.
- 9To assemble burrito bowls: Scoop a spoonful of rice into bowl, top with beans. Add a spoonful of pork, sprinkle cheese over the top of all. Serve with chips and salsa. Or add lettuce and make it a burrito salad.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salsa Verde Pork Burrito Bowls
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.2
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 61.2 mg
- Sodium 351.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 21.6 g