Recipe by Mamie37
The Venetians serve this with cold meats. It's great whenever you're looking for a very sharp sauce. Courtesy of Alitalia Airlines
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 4 flat anchovy fillets, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained,washed,and chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons strained lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the shallots, garlic, anchovy fillets, capers, and parsley in a mixing bowl and stir until they are well mixed.
- Add the lemon juice and oil, and mix again.
- Taste and season with a few grindings of black pepper and a little salt, if necessary.
- The sauce should be very tart.
- Add more lemon juice, if needed.