Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A super easy salsa with tomatillos and habaneros.
- 4 -6 tomatillos, depending on size
- 1 habanero pepper
- 1 large garlic clove
- salt or chicken bouillon granule
- cilantro (optional)
- olive oil (optional)
- Roast tomatillos, garlic and chile directly over flames on a grill (or if you do not have one, I use a cast iron fry pan).
- Turn often so as not to burn.
- When they are all soft, transfer to mortar and pestal (molcajete); mash all ingredients--the consistency should be chunky.
- Add salt or soup mix to taste.
- Olive oil can be added if you like, but is not necessary. Cilantro can be added as well.
- A variation of this recipe is to use tomatoes and grill them till charred and proceed with the rest of the ingredients.