Green sauce to serve with enchilladas, tacos, etc. Great with chicken or turkey enchilladas.
Make and share this Salsa Verde - Green Tomatillo Sauce for Enchiladas recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil in saucepan and stir in onion and almonds.
- Cook until onion is soft and almonds and lightly browned.
- Simmer tomatillos in chicken broth until soft if using fresh ones. Drain canned tomatillos.
- Whirl tomatillos with liquid in blender or food processor until fairly smooth Add to onions; stir in cilantro and chilis.
- Add chicken broth and simmer rapidly, until reduced to 2 1/2 cups