Recipe by Carrie in Indiana
This would go great in my Mexican Drunk Beans. Sometimes it is easier to make your own then go searching from store to store for it.
- 12 ounces tomatillos, cleaned with husks removed (Mexican green tomatoes)
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, fine-chopped
- 1 teaspoon serrano chili, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place tomatillos in a sauce pan and add enough water to just cover.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 6-8 minutes or until tender.
- Remove tomatillos and reserve the water.
- Place tomatillos and the rest of the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until just about smooth.
- Add enough of the reserved water to make your desired consistency. Pulse a few more times to mix.